For 99% of the population, we spend four years — and tens of thousands of dollars — in order to get an education, obtain training for our future careers, and position ourselves for a job. That’s just how it works. For that remaining 1% of “student athletes,” especially who play football, the idea is the same, but the application is a bit different. When they achieve success in high school (specifically on the football field), they’re putting themselves in position to get into a college that can best prepare them for a potential career in professional football.
Just as how Ivy League schools are most valued by “regular” people for the academic environment they create for future professionals, there are also schools that are more valued for the football environment they create for future professionals. In fact, there are 20 universities that have produced a majority of the players in the NFL. Here are the top 20 schools who have produced the most NFL players currently in the league as of today: